Jim has a remarkable career in technology development with specialties in building technologies companies, especially those centered on E-commerce, marketplaces, and member networks.
He served as Vice President of Technology at Amazon.com where he led the business unit that developed the technology platform and marketing channel for 3rd-party resellers of all sizes to manage inventory and sell products through the Amazon web site.
His interests in software companies take him back to the early 80s where he developed a leading database product, Advanced Revelation, a data modeling product now part of MS SQL Server product line, InfoModeler, and several other award-winning products all the way back to his earliest days with Seattle Computer products—the makers of the original MSDOS product sold to Microsoft in 1981. He is a graduate of the University of Washington.
Jim’s accomplishments in business and technology are almost too many to list but include:
- MultiScale Health Networks, CEO, Health care transformation
- Sabey Corp, CTO, Scalable Enterprise Data Centers
- CODONiS, President, High Performance Computing Cloud
- Cirqe, LLC, CEO, Unified Communications
- Vertafore: EVP, Premium Finance
- Finance Pro : President/CTO — sold to Vertafore
- com : VP Technology & Bus. Development
- Phototrust : President — sold to Amazon.com
- Cartia : President — sold to Amazon.com
- InfoModelers: CTO — sold to Visio
- Asymetrix : Director, engineering – IPO
- ServerWare : President/CEO — sold to Asymetrix
- Revelation Technologies: CTO